Monday 8 December 2008

cough

Woke up with a cough, a right hacking job like sandpaper on inside of lungs, just for good measure this has been coupled with fluctuations between feeling freezing and boiling. Back under the duvet, all a bit sorry for myself. If you think Flipper climbed up on the bed to comfort me, all St Bernard like with a flask of brandy or Benylin, think again she basically climbed on me and barked at me for 20 minutes. She's a real comfort.

At some point in the day spaced out on Lemsip I've signed up to Trio's century a month 2009 challenge. I'll be recording in km, Lemsip didn't trip me out badly enough to start thinking I wanted to pedal 100 milers on a regular basis.

6 comments:

sarah said...

Rest up, hope you feel better soon! Flipper sounds as helpful as my two dogs. They don't seem to have a clue when I'm sick and carry on expecting walks and games.

Julbags said...

My cat gets very demanding when I'm ill too. Mews constantly at me, climbs all over me, stands on my head and breathes cat food breath at me (my particular favourite) and when that fails I get a paw in the face - usually without claws though thankfully - he'll dig around under the duvet if I try to pull it over my head. Being a cat he doesn't actually wnat anything as such though just attention.

jumbly said...

Flipper wanted me to get up and either play or give her biscuits, she wasn't fussy which as long as she got something!

kate said...

given that you've entered into the challenge whilst dosed up, make sure you don't do any internet xmas shopping...or maybe you should ;) hope you're staring to feel better

jumbly said...

I tried to do some online shopping today, Alpkit all sold out of what I wanted for Glyn, need a plan B now.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon. I've got the lurgy too.