Tuesday 2 February 2010

Running with the devil

In the Midlands again at the mo. Took on the Devil's Spittlefield nature reserve this morning. Rain, ice, mud, getting lost in the trees, fortunately no demonic flob! A tad under 5 miles. Wicked way to start the day.

Afternoon trip to runaround a chunk of change dropped on some compression wear. I ended up going for a shorts and socks combo over the long tights, I attempt to kid myself that this is to offer me greater versatility, the truth is that my freakish body couldn't fit properly in any of the tights they had in stock. I kept getting things rucked round my knees, it weren't pretty!

4 comments:

Julbags said...

Mine bunch up behind the knee too due to my stubby legs and speed skater thighs.

Never thought about shorts/socks combo. I may actually be able to run in that...though just remembered I have to roll down the tops of my compression socks as they are a bit too long. Skins socks in XS too so can't get much shorter.

kate said...

i'm still undecided about compression clothing. when i asked the physio they felt that all the 'research' had been undertaken by the companies themselves and that for mere mortals it probably wouldn't make that much difference. i'm holding on to that until i can afford a pair of tights ;)

jumbly said...

Julbags - I got the xs socks too. Think they do a xxs?

kate - my physio said something similar when I asked her, but people who use them swear by them? Thought I'd give it a go as I reckon I need all the help I can get ;0)

trio said...

I really rate them! I can tell the difference!