Saturday 28 November 2009

Cross country slowness

Despite it giving me horrible flashbacks of running round a school playing field in pants, an airtex and plimsolls I turned out again today for cross country. I was pitifully slow, just couldn't seem to get going, only one moment of "glory" up a muddy bank where I cruised past another girl to look down and see her wearing road shoes, she predictably steamed past me 3 minutes later. Still, in a weird way it was fun. It will be a few hours before I warm up, beer and pizza are called for to assist with adding some internal glow. Then an early night as all being well, I'm fell racing tomorrow.

2 comments:

trio said...

Oddly enough I would like to give it a go.

But I am worried about being so much slower than everyone else!

Red Bike said...

Good luck with your fell run today. I still have no idea how you lot manage to run up (or down) these fells!

btw; I did my first race yesterday!- Yay!!