Wednesday 26 August 2009

Never to be repeated

A momentous evening, and something I am sure will never be repeated. I won a race! It was Lostock AC Chairman's Handicap fell race this evening, I didn't really sparkle in either the road or trail events so I wasn't really expecting the fell race to go any better, but, somehow I ended up first woman home. The prize was £15 of Sweatshop vouchers, which is a good chunk towards some new fell shoes. Flushed with success I found myself agreeing to enter BOTH cross-country leagues for the coming season, that'll be brutal!

8 comments:

trio said...

yay you rule!

Runningbear said...

Woohoo! That's fantastic! Sounds like you surprised yourself? Who knows what you can achieve now you've had a taste of victory ; )
Great run & well done you.
RB.

Red Bike said...

Oooo, well done.

Guessing my tips last weekend paid off (Only joking)

Well done Jumbly

kate said...

brilliant :)
you certainly deserve some new shoes now ;)

Pedalling Polarcherry said...

yay! thats fantastic! congrats :) enjoy the feeling - I bet you'll win in future again.

Julbags said...

Which leagues? I'll be going for Red Rose and Mid Lancs this year probably

jumbly said...

Thanks everyone - I did get a bit lucky with the handicap system start time, but I was still pretty chuffed.

Juls - As far as I know we're in for SELCC and Red Rose.

Julbags said...

Should see you at the Red Rose ones then. Mudclaws at the ready!