Wednesday 11 February 2009

Road run

A combination of events meant no fell run this evening but a road run instead. My first for ages, took me a while to locate my road shoes. I took the shorter, easier option so did 4.6 miles. Weird because on the one hand it reminded me why I don't like road running much, it's not very exciting, it makes my knees complain, but on the other hand, something satisfying about moving at speed over even ground. I know I prefer the fells though! Post run was Lostock AC presentation dinner, a nice evening. The club calender is now fixed for the year so I know that my next club championship fell race is 31st March. 

5 comments:

trio said...

Which race is that?

Julbags said...

Know what you mean about road running! I think its going to help my base fitness and speed a lot (that's what I keep telling myself), in the same way that steady road rides seemed to help my MTBing. Do need to get out in the hills for a run soon - strength training! My Marathon plan has no hillwork in it at all.

Good luck with the Championship!

jumbly said...

Trio - the race on the 31st is Liver Hill, it's on the FRA online calender if you want details. You and Ali might consider the Lostock 6 on the 22nd if you're looking for a race, organised by our club, think I'm marshalling.

Julbags - yep I think your right about road work putting in that base fitness, it's just not as fun as the hill. I wouldn't mind tagging along with sometime when you're running on Great Hill, be good for me to explore a few routes over that side.

trio said...

Ali is running her half marathon that day, so I'll be in Blackpool offering support!

Pink Orange 5 said...

Mmmm I guess if I'd have come on Wednesday I'd be marshalling. Need to return next week if I can but now full of a cold.