Wednesday 10 September 2008

Colliders, running, Lance and porcine lipstick.

So, the Hadron super collider was switched on this morning. The only possible evidence for anything spacey and spooky having occurred was the fact the sun was shining for the first time in an age. Not sure though that this is in itself enough evidence to suggest we had been sucked through a wormhole into a parallel universe. 

I did mostly nothing all day and went for a run this evening. My fixed ipod nano is now refilled with tunes so I ran with music for the first time in ages. This was a good thing as I actually also properly ran for the first time in ages as opposed to doing a jog/plod/shuffle. The music may have been a coincidence as I've never noticed before that it matters one way or t'other, more likely I was spurred on by the guilty knowledge of just how many Cornish pasty calories I have to burn off. Or maybe my legs were influenced by little shifts in the space time continuum because that super collider is doing something spooky. Either way it was a good run.

Other news that caught my eyes and ears today, Lance Armstrong set to make a return to pro cycling and apparently a pig in lipstick is still a pig, Obama says so. Those two points are unrelated, just in case anybody thinks Obama is dissing Lance!

No comments: