Friday 19 October 2007

ooooh how long

I'm such a lazy bugger, how long has it been since I last blogged. Update, update! Where to start.

Started back at Uni, being a second year has been a giant suck-fest so far but after a massive curry induced sleepless night last night I've turned a mental corner and I think I'll be alright. It's just all seemed a bit restrictive and has made my work feel really contrived, and I'm wanting to work on a project that focuses on daily life and needs to have a strong sense of immediacy about it. It's been a struggle to sort my ideas out but I'm there now.

Been doing loads of biking, night riding on the trails which rocks! And I've finally got my act to gather with regard to using the bike properly for commuting. I did 30 miles on Wednesday, got the train to Kirkham and road the scenic route to B'pool and then did the reverse at night. Was ace! Oh, and excitement, a new full susser, not the much desired Santa Cruz, just couldn't justify £2k on a bike, but a more bargainous Kona Kikapu, and best of all it's orange. 4 inches of travel at both ends, just the right amount of bounce. It got a proper baptism with a weekend away in N Wales, The Marin Trail and Llandegla, where the berms of the black run were finally tamed! Big thanks to Carolyn for organising it all.

Running has taken a bit of a back seat, my body is just too wrecked to do it. I didn't even attempt the endurance duathlon because I just didn't think I could manage the running. Meriel and Snowy still went and good for Mem, she ruled and took a prize for her age class. Go girl!

And, I've been asked back to blog again for Minx, how cool!

No comments: