Tuesday 30 August 2011

Still here

We had a few days away at the Edinburgh festival last week. It was great. I totally fell in love with the city too, it's added to the list of places I might like to live. The food and drink we consumed was amazing, in terms of quality and quantity. All of which meant no running for the week. I had a long run planned for the weekend. But, my legs felt sore and I felt tired and just not that up for it. So I rode the bike instead.

I ran today. Just the 3 miles on my training plan. Legs felt the best they have for ages. Sometimes a week off is just what the legs want. Feeling fine about the fact Kielder marathon is now only 6 weeks away. Don't want to jinx myself but making it to the starting line is looking likely! Just the small matter of the 26.2 miles that come after the start.

2 comments:

kate said...

marathon-schmarathon, you'll be reet :)

Pedalling Polarcherry said...

Positive post. Keep that mindset x