Sunday 18 July 2010

loaf

I did a bread making course on Saturday with loaf. It was one of the best days ever, and if you like making bread do this course. I learnt a lot. I baked a lot of stuff. I have eaten a lot of bread this weekend, think of a lot of bread, then add some more, then you might get an idea of just how much I've actually eaten!

This mornings 7 mile run round the Worcestershire countryside with evilgordon may have done something to redress the balance, but in reality it was just scratching at the surface. Do you know how much butter is in a loaf of brioche?

3 comments:

Julbags said...

Wow, those look utterly fab! You've just reminded me to dig out my sourdough starter from the back of the fridge, hope it's not dead as I haven't fed it for a while...

So there is a lot of butter in brioche then? That'll be why it tastes so good. I make mayo occasionally and the amount of oil it takes is quite shocking.

Sarah said...

Your bread still life is gorgeous! I would love to have a taste! I have been making all our bread lately, but have been doing the '5 minute artisan bread' technique to speed things up. I do want to make some Swedish Limpa bread the long way when the weather cools in the Fall. It is my favorite! Anadama is high on my list too, but all bread is good =)

kate said...

i'm sure i read somewhere that kneading dough leads to calorie deficit.