Thursday 29 October 2009

Nearly too tired for anything

Lack of sleep last night made me glad plans to head over to Sheffield for the day had been scratched, I'd have just been too tired for driving, bouldering, driving. I was also feeling too tired to accept Trio's invitation to night ride. A last minute reminder to myself that I am trying to shift some lard before holiday in 5 weeks made me overcome my yawning, pull on my trainers and head out for 5km on the road. I did my trusty, well run "cat corner loop" route. It's a boring tarmac loop, but one I've done so many times that with the aid of the iPod I can almost do it on auto-pilot, plod, plod, plod, 5km in the bag, a few extra calories burnt, a few more miles in the legs towards the secret winter training. A bit of a reminder of covering shorter distances at a steady pace just in time for cross-country racing at the weekend. I felt sort of better and sort of worse after it. I trust Morpheus will hold me a little tighter tonight.......

5 comments:

Pedalling Polarcherry said...

i'm going to the climbing works 6pm tonight with India etc (shecycles)

wanna come?

Red Bike said...

I'm sure after a few days rest you'll spring back fitter than ever.

I'm very impressed with just how much running you've been doing recently. Do you keep a weekly/monthly mileage?

jumbly said...

PP - ooh so tempting but I think the logistics of making it to Sheffield on a Friday night will prevent me joining you.

Red - no, I'm crap at keeping my training diary up to date. I forget to wear my Garmin, don't look at the clock etc. It's all a bit random.

kate said...

sounds like you gave yourself some jane-esqu 'encouragement' ;)
personally i blame the clocks going back, i've been feeling 'off' all week.

Jane said...

Well done for getting out, it's the darkness that makes it so much harder at this time of year.

I still can't even consider the idea of cross country - reminds me of PE too much!