Thursday 15 January 2009

work and poo

I didn't make it to run club last night, a car transporter lorry across the central reservation of the M6, backing traffic onto the M55 all made for a tedious journey and late arrival home. I had planned to run today to make up for it, but I have a deadline on Monday and have too much work to do. All being well I'll make it out on Saturday to race at Ashurst Beacon

The only other non work event of the day was walking the dog this morning and she rolled in a massive pile of fox crap that coated half her head and body and meant I had to go all Bear Grylls extreme survival mode and use a discarded sock and the River Douglas to try and clean her off. A nauseous experience made worse by poo attaching itself to my fairly new Paramo jacket. This quality dog moment brought to you by Flipper. 

7 comments:

kate said...

you could have a separate blog for quality dog moments by now ;)
good luck with the race, you have to go now!

Julbags said...

How did you know it was fox crap? At least Kat (I didn't name him) cleans himself, though he does let himself down by vomming on various carpets occasionally but is thankfully too old now to be catching birds and exploding them everywhere.

jumbly said...

Fox crap has quite a distinctive smell, it's along the lines of industrial strength baby sick!

Julbags said...

I'll remember that one!

Lost Sheep said...

Fox crap is one of the worst things Ihave ever smelt - it really is foul!

As bad as it was for you Jumbly, just think of how much fun Flipper had rolling in it - she'd have loved doing that

Arleigh Jenkins said...

Crazy foxes...

sarah said...

Well, I've learned somethine new today...never knew about fox poo, LOL! Any day I manage to keep my dogs from rolling in poo is a good day ;)